[meteorite-list] "Field Guide to Meteors and Meteorites" now Available

From: mexicodoug at aim.com <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:54:11 -0400

Hello Charly,

I have had the identical experience as you up to a certain point.

Here is what I will suggest:

Check your orders placed in the last 6 months (NOT in "recent orders" -
it won't show up there).

I noticed a few days ago that the pre-order discount of $1.32
disappeared as well. Must have been a software glitch caused by the
delay which I bet was partly the publisher's fault.

I immediately signed on, went to "help" and clicked on the "contact us"
button and clicked on the email tab and sent them a form email with my
order number filled in the field and some antisonant words about
wasting my time with this five cent complaint where they 'lost' my
preorder discount. Barely six hours later I received a personal
apology (complete with a spelling mistake which actually made it more
appreciated since computers don't make mistakes, right)) and a refund
of $1.32.

On June 19, my book was shipped by UPS and I will receive it shortly.
I was provided the tracking number and see the 2.1 pound box is
currently in:
SECAUCUS, NJ, US 06/21/2008, after having left Bound Brook, NJ.

I hope you will have a similar experience if you can click around a bit
more.

Best wishes,
Doug