[meteorite-list] Speck Issues - Reply to this subject

From: Dave Schultz <indy1996_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 15:35:43 -0800 (PST)

  Hi Frank and all. This is a bit off the speck
subject a bit, but still applies to the theory of
breaking up specimens, that Frank and including myself
really hate to see. Recently I sold a beautiful full
slice of a meteorite on eBay, hoping to raise a little
money for Tucson, and also so that some collector
would enjoy it as much as I did, only to find out
later, that the winning bidder broke up that beautiful
slice into smaller pieces and was selling those on
eBay. This really bummed myself out and also another
collector who was thinking of bidding on it. I know
that this meant that more collectors could have a
piece of this meteorite, but some how just didn`t sit
right with me, and had I known that that was going to
happen, I wouldn`t have listed it at all, but I guess
that is the chance we all take when selling personal
collection pieces.
                                          Dave

=== message truncated ===