[meteorite-list] Speck Issues - Reply to this subject

From: Lasse Lindh <3l_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 01:24:35 +0100

Hi all

Personally I don't like specks or micro mounts, at least the ones with a
small tiny something that requires a microscope to see what it is, and
then the only thing you see its an unrecognizeable fragment. I think
it's useless to buy a tiny fragment of a meteorite if you cannot see
what it is or identify it (if it's a 3, 5 or 6 type etc.) or perhaps use
it as a reference when id-ying other finds. Somehow I feel that selling
and providing specks are dangerous because it can, as several already
has mentioned here, result in valuable meteorites being totally
destroyed out of pure greed.

regards

Lasse