[meteorite-list] Unknown UNWA oddball - any ideas what it is?

From: Michael Gilmer <michael_w_gilmer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 07:56:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi Everyone!

I received a 2-kilo batch of UNWA stony stuff
yesterday.

There was a mix of the usual - some weathered stuff,
some relatively-fresh crust, and everything in
between.

But buried in the batch was 2 small stones that are
unlike anything else I have received in this kilo
batches. I have put some links to photos below.
If someone more experienced from the list could take
a look at them and give me some ideas. These are
keepers I am thinking, but I have no idea what type
they are and why they appear so different from my
usual UNWA chondrites.

These pieces are smooth, rounded, strongly attracted
to a magnet, and have a nice weathered crust which
is still a little glossy in places.

The bigger piece is 110 grams, the smaller is 33.3
grams.

Links :

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Personal%20%20Collection/smooth-1.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Personal%20%20Collection/smooth-2.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Personal%20%20Collection/smooth-3.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Personal%20%20Collection/smooth-4.jpg

Any ideas what it is? Is it a rare type?

Here is my other favorite from the latest batch :

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Personal%20%20Collection/nice-crust-1.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Personal%20%20Collection/nice-crust-2.jpg

Thanks in advance!

MikeG