[meteorite-list] papers dealing with meteorite orientation

From: info at niger-meteorite-recon.de <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 17:19:14 +0100

for those working on the subject the literature below may be of use. 1,2 and 4 cover certain aspects of the subject, 3 and 5 offer an approach to the matter istself. I am sure there are other valuable sources.

1. Bronshtehn, V. A.: Fragmentation and crushing of large meteoric bodies in an atmosphere. In: Sol. Syst. Res., Vol. 29, No. 5, p. 392 - 399

2. Rietmeijer, F. J. M.; MacKinnon, I. D. R.: Melting, ablation, and vapor phase condensation during atmospheric passage of the Bjurbole meteorite. In: (American Geophysical Union and NASA, Lunar and Planetary Science Conference, 14th, Houston, TX, Mar. 14-18, 1983) Journal of Geophysical Research, Supplement (ISSN 0148-0227), vol. 89, Feb. 15, 1984, p. B597-B604.

3. Nininger, Harvey Harlow: Meteorites: A photographic study of surface features and commentary. Part 2: Orientation. Tempe : Center for Meteorite Studies, Arizona State University, c1977

4. Fisher, W. J: Mass and Velocity of Meteorites and the Air Density Along Their Luminous Paths. In: Harvard College Observatory Circular, vol. 385, pp.1-16

5. Haidinger, W.: Eine Leitform der Meteoriten. With 2 plates. In: Sitzungsberichte der mathem.-naturwissenschaftlichen Classe. Vol. XL, Vienna 1860

Cheers
Svend

--
www.meteorite-recon.com