[meteorite-list] Last (pseudo) meteorite fall from Slovakia

From: PolandMET <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 12:13:04 +0100

Hi
End of january my family from Czech Republic call me and say that in local
news they watch information about meteorite that hit house somewhere in
Slovakia. I was pretty excited but noone know anything. In news they dont
say where this meteorite fall, even in Observatory in Ostrava they dont know
anything. Mystery.
After reading some info and see several photos this looks like it is fake
event becouse "meteorite" looks like piece of mineral or broken iron. For me
100% fake. Maybe plane fragment or military satelite parts :)

Tooday I found very nice video that show alot and confirm that this is fake.
The only problem is HOW fragment of iron fall inside home on 9 flor ? I
alvays hope that this peoples dont damage their own homes especialy only to
attract attention :)
Thats pretty strange

http://spravodajstvo.joj.sk/trenciansky-kraj/24-1-2008/clanok/meteorit.html
Man on this video say that this is propably stony-iron meteorite, even when
he test that this not attract magnet :)

http://www.Meteoryty.pl marcin(at)meteoryty.pl
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin(at)meteorite.pl
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195