[meteorite-list] RSVP re Oriented Update

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 16:05:52 -0700

Well,
        Initially, NO ONE sent me any photos of oriented meteorites.
So, I went to the METEORITE OF THE DAY calendar section and
Went through each and every photo ever posted. I picked the oriented
Ones and went about emailing every one of the photographers for
Which I had an email address. Thankfully, the responses have been
Pouring in giving me permission to use their photos.
--
A LITTLE PLUG FOR MIKE, HERE:
        (This let me to really appreciate what Mike does for the community
And I PayPalled him a measly $10. However, I realized if everyone who
Looks at his great photos day after day, year after year would PayPal
Him even $2 at least SOME of his expenses could be covered. Band
Width on a web site cost $ and photos take up the most band width.
Please consider sending $2 if you are a poor collector and $5 or $10 if
You are a better off collector or a dealer. I am sure Mike would appreciate
It - you can get the info off his postings).
--
        However, I am lacking the following:
Photos of the killer oriented specimen Achiem Karl had in Mike
Farmer's room this year... Did ANYONE take photos of this
Fabulous specimen????
--
Photos of the incredible oriented S-A "Shooting Star" Jim Strope
And Mike Farmer offered show before last (Jim does not have any
Photos of it!)
--
Photos of the spectacular oriented Taza Bruno Factay sold for $7K
At the Tucson Show before last.