[meteorite-list] Gary Curtiss

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2008 20:53:54 UT

Gary writes: "OK, I never contribute to this list so here is my first entry..."

Hello Gary and List,

This may be Gary's first entry, but, just in case someone thinks:
"Where have I heard that name before?" I can help you a little:

Clifford (L6; S3; W2)

An 11.36 kg stone was found in uncultivated rangeland by a local resident
who thought it looked unusual, and kept it in a rock garden. The stone was
recognized as a meteorite in 1997 by Gary Curtiss.

Classification and mineralogy (A. Rubin, UCLA): olivine, Fa25.2?0.3; shock
stage, S3; weathering grade W2. Specimens: Main mass, Mr. Gary Curtiss,
Lakewood, CO; type specimen, 46.6 g, UCLA; 596.5 g, NHM (Meteoritical
Bulletin, No. 84, 2000 August).

Best wishes, and, yes, Clifford is definitely more interesting than endless
discussions about former List members and their respective reputations ;-)

Bernd