[meteorite-list] Meteorite market trends - a critical note

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:33:06 -0500

Al wrote:
> "...meteorites by the truck load. (How much would it
> cost to go to an asteroid and harvest a truck load, or
> tons and bring it back, it may be that meteorites are a
> whole lot cheaper than we think!!"

    For any object smaller than a kilometer or so, it's likely
more cost effective just to move the asteroid to Earth-Moon
space, in orbit around one or the other. I suspect lunar orbit
would be the preferred option as folks get nervous about
asteroids headed toward Earth.

    Of course, it'll be a mining claim, but souvenirs are always
good publicity.

Sterling K. Webb