[meteorite-list] Meteorite market trends - a critical note

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 01:44:28 -0500

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 22:23:35 -0700, you wrote:

> Hi Darren,
>
> I couldn't agree with you more. I love meteorites just because of what they are.....rocks from space.
>I love all meteorites. I, like you, wish that everyone had access to tons of meteorites of all kinds....

I use the term "meteorite" to describe the stuff I wish that I had access to
arbitrarily large amounts of, but of course I don't require that it pass through
the Earth's atmosphere (in a destructive way) first. As much as I love a nice,
fresh fusion crust, the big hunks could be straight off the asteroid. :-)
Wouldn't paneling your walls in L 3.0 or H 3.0 look great? Or a coffee table
made from a single slab of etched (and sealed for moisture, of course) iron?
Forget stained glass windows, have very thin pallasite windows! (Of course, I'd
still want one of these tables http://www.fossilhunter.co.uk/id12.html). Lunar
sample? I call dibs on this one:
http://apod.oa.uj.edu.pl/apod/image/9709/boulder_a17.jpg

And as long as I have that hypthetical space ship, I could still toss a few
meteorites into the atmosphere to get that fusion crust look! (Okay, maybe I
should use Titan's atmosphere-- tossing rocks at the Earth might not make me too
popular-- even if I didn't make strangelets, monopoles, and quantum black holes
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/28/lhc_cern_hawaiian_botanist_lawsuit)