[meteorite-list] Rock on the ground or not?

From: Lasse Lindh <3l_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:34:00 +0200

Hi Chris

Thanks for your answer. Well, this one pointed straight towards me.
While bright and when it got weaker it did not move at all. I could see
this because there were two stars just beside it. I am an amteur
astronomer, so observing is nothing new to me. It did not deviate during
the fall. I first thought it to be a GRB since it was so stationary, but
then I realized that that was out of the question, so the only thing
left was a meteorite. It showed no sign of break up. Checking the star
map, it held an angle of 76 degrees. It's brightness could be a lot
higher than -4. It's hard to tell.

Regards

Lasse