[meteorite-list] Sumerian inscription - Austrian Impact?

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:34:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all -

At first, I took this to be some kind of April Fool's
day joke, as I had never heard of this Austrian
formation discussed as an impact formation, ever since
I started in on this in 1997. Strangely, no comments,
no geological reports, no shattercones on the market,
etc...

That said, the Maya recorded the birth of the First
Maize Revealer Partitioner as occurring on 16 June,
3,122 BCE.
(MIIA, page 97)

good hunting,
E.P. Grondine