[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - May 1, 2008

From: Moni Waiblinger <moni2555_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 07:51:37 -0700

Good Morning Everyone,

hey David,
cool license plate.
Now lets just show the IMCA members how you can find them meteorites in Wyoming!
This license plate will bring you good luck!!
Some day my friends and I have to come and help you.
There must be more Rock Springs meteorites.

See here:

METEORITE ASSOCIATES, in September 2003, I have received my classification information on my new meteorite find (2/15/03) from Dr. Alan Ruben at UCLA (11.2 gram type specimen location) and may or may not put it up for museum display or market. Classification, and final naming is complete, "ROCK SPRINGS" has a type specimen at UCLA now. It is an "equlibrated chondrite" L-6. Weather grade W2 Shock grade S2, Fa% 25.7 Total Known Weight 52 grams. Main mass is 40 grams, nice crust, little iron evident. The "Rock Springs" (In July 2004 Meteorite Bulletin) is the first new meteorite to come out of Wyoming in 56 years, and only the 13th. ever found here! It should make one heck of a "show and tell" rock for public lectures about meteorite education.
Thanks to my good friend, Bob Verish for all of the help with classification! Check out www. meteoritetimes.com meteorite email magazine for tons of information about meteorites, meteorite hunting, collecting, market trends pictures, and lots of interesting stories!

Taken from this URL

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=mjwy

"Buckleboo!" David!

Happy day and with best regards,