[meteorite-list] Ebay sale tonight.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 11:50:02 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry Steve,
facts are not gimmicks.

This is my sale day, one of the 7 of the week it must
be, so is there a day which you can enlighten me of
that is not "gimmick" day?
 I use two usernames to seperate my items (can you
keep track of my usual 50 to 80 items a week) it is my
system to divide auctions into two batches, that way
when someone paypals me for item X, I know from my
system that it is in drawer X. idont have to search
60 micros for one piece, but 30, thus much faster.
No gimmick, no scam (cant figure out how that might be
a scam) just a system I use to divide sales up for
easier listing. I have been doing the same exact sales
and usernames for more than 10 years, nothing
confusing about it.

Your "Gimmmick" as I called it, is a confusing
"reverse" sale, which does not make sense, you
yourself say it "hurts the seller" well, rational
people want to make money, not give things away.
It is a gimmick to do things in an off the wall way
which confuses people and makes the whole buying
process harder to understand.

It was discussed on the internet, people were trying
to figure out even what kind of sale it was, that my
friend, is the classic definition of "GIMMICK".

The mortgage crisis in the USA right now is a product
of mortgage "gimmicks" to confuse people, let more
people in on the action, and make things harder than
they are. Now the scheme has collapsed.

Put your things on ebay, let them end where they end,
simple, anyone can figure it out, and it is the way
99.9% of auctions are done, thus NOT A GIMMICK.

This humor is not that funny Steve.

Michael Farmer