[meteorite-list] happy surprise continued...

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 07:28:21 +0100

Hello Dave;

Thanks for the positive,pleasant post about wayner44.He sure made your
day,i'll bet,and you sure made my day with such a positive post about
someone who
did good and we never would have known about it if you hadn't taken the time
to inform us.My hat is off to you.

Best Regards;Herman Archer IMCA 2770.

Thanks Herman I am glad someone had something to say that was in the same
spirit as my email!
As Herman says, this is a positive post, but I still see it didn't stop the
whingers! To all you moaners - when was the last time you refunded
shipping? When was the last time YOU gave an anonymous gift (without post
charging?)!

So he lifted some blurb - no big deal unless he did it all the time - he
obviously doesn't share our knowledge and enthusiasm and therefore
plagiarised because a) he assumed that it was no big deal - which a one-off
isn't - It is not the new Umberto Eco novel , it's an eBay listing, and b)
by lifting it he probably thought he was giving the best info he could as it
was written by someone who probably knew more about the field that he did.
Maybe he did email the writer and they never replied?
Get off your high horse for god's sake! Don't be so touchy! He went the
extra mile with no desire for credit - he has not even responded to my
"thank you " mails yet.
This sort of whining is why I lurk on this list - always someone who wants
to rain on someone else's parade. Very depressing.

I have a flat-rate charge for shipping. This is not just to cover the
physical act of paying for the posting but has to cover the cost of the,
say, padded bag ($0.80 or so), and my time - I have to use my lunch break
time to hang out at a crummy post office to get it sent - so I do a flat
rate - never had a complaint and would ALWAYS reconsider if the buyer
balked.

So allow me to enjoy my extra slice of Henbury and AML label, and let this
seller be.

dave
IMCA #0092
Sec.BIMS.