[meteorite-list] New or maybe old QUESTION??????

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 01:53:14 -0500

Hi, Pete,

    Quick answer (with footnotes) is YES.

    There a deep sediment meteorite fragment from
Chicxulub -- 66 million years old. There's an iron
from Oklahoma, Lake Murray, more than 100 million
years old; photos here:
http://www.meteorlab.com/METEORLAB2001dev/labphoto/LakeMurray.htm

http://www.otters.co.za/VDOME-morok_fossil_met.htm
    "The 25cm meteorite was found in a 145-million-year-old
Morokweng crater, 766 metres beneath the Kalahari Desert
in North-West, he said in a media statement."

    See also:
http://www.psrd.hawaii.edu/June06/Morokweng.html

    There are fossil meteorites from limestone in Sweden
that date to the Ordovician -- 440-480 million years ago.
http://www.psrd.hawaii.edu/Mar04/fossilMeteorites.html

    The oldest claim for meteoritic evidence of impact
is 3.47 BILLION years:
http://news-service.stanford.edu/pr/02/impactor911.html

Sterling