[meteorite-list] Photo

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 02:52:59 -0500

Pete, List,

Here is a very large pixel-count "official" to-scale
image of all 12 planets, good if you want to print
out a copy. The only change NASA made to the
original IAU diagram (no longer available) was to
"segregate" the dwarf planets. Hey! We all believe
in segregation, right?
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0608/planets_iau_big.jpg
(6032 x 3395 pixels)

These are are also a goodly number of pixels:

Everything on here (except Charon) is a Planet:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj169/missninaelectro/TwelvePlanets_l.jpg

http://www.chillnite.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/WindowsLiveWriter/HelloNewSolarSystem_777B/solarsystemfull%5B2%5D.jpg

Most of these are planets; they're closely grouped, and there's about 20:
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/jpl/news/planetsf-20060815.html

12 New Planet Candidates, not all of which made the Cut:
http://johnkemeny.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/iau0601c%20planet%20candidates.jpg

3 New Planet Candidates, 2 of which made the Cut:
http://johnkemeny.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/iau0601b%20new%20planets.jpg

Some of them are "dwarf" planets, just like our Sun
is a "dwarf" star, right? My idea is that everybody who
thinks "dwarf" planets are not "real" planets be required
to take a hiking trip around the equator of Ceres, the
smallest "dwarf" planet. All they have to carry with them
is 3-4 months of food, water, and air -- it's "only" 2000
miles. Nice scenery, though.

Sterling K. Webb