[meteorite-list] AZ Eucrite discovered (AD)

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 03:52:43 -0700

Greetings all:
        In 1999 the only Eucrite ever found in Arizona
Was discovered in the area south of Tucson called
Arivaca.
        As most of you know, it takes a great long while
For meteorites to be tested for typology, named and
recognized by The Meteoritical Society and to be
published in their Journal. The report on this unique
discovery can be reviewed at:

http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php?sea=&sfor=names&ants=&falls=&stype
=contains&lrec=50&map=ge&browse=&country=All&srt=name&categ=All&mblist=94&ph
ot=&snew=0&pnt=no&code=47346

        The size of the specimen upon discovery was
30.1g. The testing and type specimen required 20% of the weight
and the finder took one thin slice for himself. This left
a specimen of 21.62 grams. The remaining main mass of this
Eucrite can be seen at:

http://image58.webshots.com/758/0/54/58/2402054580035542431UsoLVK_ph.jpg

        The provenance of this piece is impeccable, still being in the
Hands of the finder who wishes to remain anonymous at this time.
However, reasonable offers will be entertained through me and, if
Desired, his identity will be revealed to the buyer.

        Please contact me directly if interested - otherwise, just take
a gander at this completely unique Arizona Eucrite. This is history
In the making.
        Best wishes, Michael

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first
things to be bought and sold are legislators.
- P. J. O'Rourke