[meteorite-list] Observed lunar meteorite impacts hit 100

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 14:05:09 -0700 (MST)

Hello Jerry:

Good summary!

There are actually other compositional (spectral) classes of asteroids,
but you hit on the main ones. While most C-asteroids are "wet," some
appear to be dry (at least on their surfaces). Also, there are "wet"
M-asteroids, which are clearly NOT metallic, but it is not yet clear what
they really are.

And yes, a "dead" comet may look spectrally like an asteroid!

Larry