[meteorite-list] Space junk - marine life - shame on NASA

From: Mike Bandli <fuzzfoot_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 11:03:03 -0800

Actually, fish and marine life have a better chance of dying from getting
hit on the head with stainless steel debris than the ammonia coolant. The
coolant was vaporized during re-entry. Besides, I rather toss the tank into
decay (with the flick of a finger!) than spend 10 million bringing it back
via the space shuttle.

Mike Bandli