[meteorite-list] Space junk - marine life - shame on NASA

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:10:01 -0500

Hello Greg,

Where do you read that an astronaut, "..threw it (ammonia tank) overboard
(from the International Space Station) during a space walk in July 2007."? I
find it highly unlikely that material would be purposely tossed into space
to potentially be a floating target for future spacecraft and/or satellites
to hit. I do not think NASA has the same mindset that some cruise ship
operators have by throwing their bags of trash into the ocean.

My thoughts!
Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection