[meteorite-list] Classification question

From: Dr. Svend Buhl <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 19:30:24 +0100

Hi Greg,

you will find the guidelines for an official classification in the
guidelines section of the Meteoritical Society:

http://meteoriticalsociety.org/bulletin/nc-guidelines.htm

There are a lot of institutes classifying meteorites. Best is you go through
the write ups in a pdf-copy of a recent issue of the Meteoritical Bulletin
and pick a few out:

http://meteoriticalsociety.org/simple_template.cfm?code=pub_bulletin

Usually you find contact details of the labs in charge on the websites of
the respective university. If you need to get the job done quick you may
also try and contact Dean Bessey, who, if I remember correctly, offers a
commercial classification service. You find his contact details here:

http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-dealers/dealer-listings/meteorite_shop.htm

Cheers

Svend

www.meteorite-recon.com