[meteorite-list] FYI: Tokyo Mineral Show Dec 12-15 Japan

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 10:36:17 -0800 (PST)

John, hotel rooms at the show in a 50 story hotel cost ~100 night single, $140 night double. The show is in a giant mall complex, with planetarium, aquarium, 100s of shops, restaurants etc. Bus from airport to front door of the hotel about 2 hours, $30.00. Very convienient, since subways are full of millions and I do mean millions of people. Very fun. You should go.
Food on the street in small shops, sushi bars, cafes costs $~8-10. Real restaurants are ~8$0 $100 per meal.
No shortage of American/Western food about every 10 feet.
It really is a lot of fun, but not much meteorite-wise at the show.
Mike