[meteorite-list] AD : Galactic Stone Meteorites, Rocks, Minerals, Crystals, Fossils, Etc...

From: Michael Gilmer <michael_w_gilmer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:11:28 -0800 (PST)

Galactic Stone's Grand Opening Sale (sort of) ....!!!

To celebrate my entry into the field of minerals and fossils, I am having a big sale on everything in my inventory, including new meteorites!

BRAND NEW METEORITES! JUST ARRIVED!

UNWA Stone #3 - nice dark crust and shape. 93.9 grams - $20

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/unwa-3-b.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/unwa-3-1.jpg

UNWA Stone #2 - very nice glossy crust with contraction cracks. 76 grams - $15

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/unwa-2-b.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/unwa-2-2.jpg

UNWA Stone #1 - big substantial chunk. Nice dark crust all around. 179.3 grams - $35

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/unwa-1.jpg

UNWA Stone "Starfleet" - big stone shaped like the Star Trek "Starfleet" emblem. Nice dark crust. 136.8 grams - $30

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/starfleet-2.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/starfleet-1.jpg

UNWA Stones Pair (2) - two nice nuggets with dark crust. Combined weight 66.6 grams. - $15

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/small-mets-new.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/small-mets-2.jpg

UNWA Stone "Patina" - big chunk with desert patina and dark crust on it. 94.8 grams - $20

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/patina-3.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/patina-2.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/patina-1.jpg

UNWA Stone "Nugget" - chunky nugget with dark crust and contraction cracks. 70.3 grams - $15

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/nugget-2.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/nugget-1.jpg

Rocks, Minerals, Fossils and Crystals!

TRINITITE (NEW PIECES!) - penny and nickel-sized pieces. At least 2 grams each. - $20 each! (jump now at this price, it's going up soon!)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/trinitite-lot.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/trinitite-close-1.jpg

SUPER-RARE TRINITITE CRYSTAL - these are exceptionally rare. Pure glass-like translucent crystal! Thick and heavy. Neon-green color. This is Trinitite in it's purest form and you rarely see pieces of this crystalline nature. 5.8 grams! - $60 (I only have ONE of these)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/trini-crystal-3.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/trini-crystal-2.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/trini-crystal.jpg

Quartz Crystal Lots - groups of 20+ quartz crystals. Well-terminated and 100% transparent. Exact size and shape varies. - $5 each lot.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/quartz-lot.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/quartz-bulk.jpg

Purple Fluorite Octahedral Crystals - perfectly formed fluorite cubic crystals. (not artificially cut) Striking color and clarity. This is the same fluorite used to make high-end refractor lenses. - $5 each small, $10 each large.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/purple-fluorite-group.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/purple-fluorite-close.jpg

Green Fluorite Octahedral Crystals - same as the purple crystals, except the color is green. These are larger on average than the purple. - $5 each small, $10 each large.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/green-fluorite-group.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/green-fluorite-close.jpg

Arizona Fossil Slab - big, thick, heavy, slab of black agate-matrix loaded with embedded fossils. One side has a high polish and the other side is natural. Measures 7x5x1 inches and weighs 979 grams. - $30

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/arizona-fossil-close-1.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/arizona-fossil-1.jpg

Turtilla Fossil Slab - rough unpolished state. Giant thick slab of Turtilla fossils and matrix rock. This could be easily sliced into several smaller blocks or slices. Ready for polishing or cabbing. Selling at wholesale price - $35

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/fossil-rough.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/fossil-rough-close.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/fossil-rough-3.jpg

Pink Dolomite Slab - 408 grams of polished dolomite. Measures 7x5x1/4, polished on one side, natural on the other. This is a striking piece loaded with color and detail. - $25

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/dolomite-1.jpg

Mineral Mini-Slabs - Two different mineral slabs with a nice polish and interesting detail. Lots of color and patterns in the matrix. I'm not sure what these are exactly, but they are very pretty. Polished on one side, natural on the other. Weighs about 200 grams each. - $15 each.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/mineral-2-close.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/mineral-2.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/mineral-1-close.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/Rocks/mineral-1.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, as always, I still have the following in stock and ready to ship -

HUGE 3-pound (1340grams) Softball-sized UNWA stone meteorite - the biggest stone in my inventory. Lots of nice dark glossy crust. This would make a great outreach prop or collection centerpiece. - $250 shipped.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/big-met-5.jpg

100 gram UNWA Bulk Lots - 100 grams of small UNWA stone individuals and fragments. - $25

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/unwa-2-1.jpg

100 gram UNWA Bulk Lots (premium grade) - small handpicked dark crusted stones in 100 gram lots - $30

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/LATEST/unwa-2.jpg

Moon Rock Display Boxes - $40 each

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/April%20Sale/moonrock2.jpg

Mars Rock Display Boxes - $40 each

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/April%20Sale/mars-rock.jpg

Moon and Mars Rock Combo Display Kit - $75

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/April%20Sale/2-planet-kit.jpg

PayPal preferred. Be sure to stop by my website for more detailed item descriptions. www.galactic-stone.com

Feel free to contact me with any questions, photo requests, or to reserve your item(s).

Thanks for looking! :)

MikeG

mike at galactic-stone.com

Michael Gilmer (Louisiana, USA)
Member of the Meteoritical Society.
Member of the Bayou Region Stargazers Network.
Websites - http://www.galactic-stone.com and http://www.glassthrower.com
MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/fine_meteorites_4_sale