[meteorite-list] NWA 3368 Pink Eucrite

From: tett <tett_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 09:15:54 -0500

Good morning list.

Have been missing the meteorite pic of the day (does anyone have news yet?)
and so I thought I would post a pic of my latest baby.

A gorgeous eucrite with a subtle pink hue. "A monomict eucrite breccia
having large diogenite clasts and extremely fine grained basaltic clasts set
in a light matrix having a pink hue!"

Purchased this slice from John Birdsell of Arizona. The slice is perfect!
Thickness does not vary by more than 0.1mm and both surfaces are finished to
the best polish for this material.

Here is a pic:
http://ca.geocities.com/tett at rogers.com/metpics/NWA3368_34.8g_a.jpg

My other "pic of the day" is from a small box of "quack" medicine I
purchased. From 1910 this box is unopened and contains a vial of "meteorite
electric powder". A little bit of ephemera showing how 100 years ago
meteorites were already considered magic.

Here is a pic:
http://ca.geocities.com/tett at rogers.com/metpics/Meteorite_electric_powder.JPG

Cheers!

Mike Tettenborn