[meteorite-list] NEW Space Rocks POD - Need Submissions!

From: Michael Gilmer <michael_w_gilmer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:09:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks!

I know there are other people out there who are going through withdrawals since Michael Johnson's
Rocks from Space POD went on hiatus. So, until Johnson's POD comes back online, I am going to
offer an interim solution for those of us who need our daily meteoritical eye candy.

First, I want to say that I am not trying to replace Rocks from Space POD. Indeed, Michael has done
a superb job with it and it because he has done such a great job that I am addicted to it and now feel
compelled to offer a temporary replacement.

I have the space and bandwidth on my server to host a similar service, so I encourage my fellow list
members to send me their submissions for consideration. Please send all image files to mike at galactic-stone.com

Guidelines :

1) Please send only images that you own or have permission from the owner to use. I will be hosting
the images on Photobucket so I want to avoid any potential copyright issues.

2) Please send images in any common format (JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG, etc) and try to keep the size of the
files down to 1MB or less.

Please note, I will be calling this daily service the "Space Rocks Picture of the Day". Hopefully when
Michael Johnson's Rocks from Space POD comes back online, I will stop doing my version. And I also
hope he is not offended by this imitation project on my part since my intent to is to pay homage to his
original service and give us meteorite freaks our daily eye candy fix.

I will post the final details to the list tonight or tomorrow - including the URL for the Space Rocks POD
and the first installment. :)

Suggestions and submissions are encouraged.

Regards and clear skies,

MikeG

Michael Gilmer (Louisiana, USA)
Member of the Meteoritical Society.
Member of the Bayou Region Stargazers Network.
Websites - http://www.galactic-stone.com and http://www.glassthrower.com
MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/fine_meteorites_4_sale