[meteorite-list] OT: INTERSTELLAR DIPLOMACY and Hello

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 19:50:12 -0700

Hello Sterling and list,

I find this a bit humorous and dangerous at the same time:

Sterling wrote:
"Now, a social networking company, Bebo,
has set up a project to collect 500 messages
from Earth children and beam them to Gliese
581c, a new kind of FaceBook (which assumes
the Gliesians HAVE faces)..."

Gliese i581c is a planet that may be 5 times the mass of Earth. If there are intelligent inhabitants, wouldn't they be like incredibly strong on Earth? A race of Hulks come to mind. Sending them 500 voices of little children sounds like inviting a lot of trouble. I don't think it would be a bad thing if they don't pay a visit.:-)

OK, I just want to to say "Hello" to everyone on this list. I'm a newbie and I've already met some of you thru meteorite sales. Since starting this hobby, I've been scouring roadways for any fallen meteorites. So far the only thing that looked like meteorites I've found is road tar. Carl