[meteorite-list] AD: Ebay auctions ending as usual on Saturday!

From: Meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 13:15:16 -0000

Dear All,

This week we still have more goodies for you on ebay that you can see at:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmeteoriteshow

THESE AUCTIONS WILL END ON SATURDAY...

- One full slice of HaH 254, a nice L5-6 with a "milky way" of Fe-Ni flakes
and fusion crust all around its edges. TKW is just a bit less than 650g and
there is not much left available...
http://cgi.ebay.fr/METEORITE-HaH254-L5-6-18-0g-full-slice_W0QQitemZ330278043123QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330278043123&_trkparms=72%3A1367|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

- One partial endcut of HaH 299, H6, which is also quite a low TKW meteorite
(656g). It is also interesting to see how the difference of structure
between its center and near the exterior, looking as if the more you go to
the center and the less porous it is...
http://cgi.ebay.fr/METEORITE-HaH299-H6-42-1g-semi-endcut_W0QQitemZ330278043174QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330278043174&_trkparms=72%3A1367|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

- An almost fully fusion crusted OC individual, unclassified, which i
believe could be a LL chondrite, comparing the low attraction to a magnet to
other reknown LLs that i have such as Benguerir. This 96.6g meteorite has a
very nice shape and looks fresh...
http://cgi.ebay.fr/METEORITE-NWA-OC-FUSION-CRUST-96-6g-indiv_W0QQitemZ330278043238QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330278043238&_trkparms=72%3A1367|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

- A really beautiful 2.8g partslice of our new Howardite, still under
investigation for classification. I'v just emailed in order to find out if
there are any news and i will inform the List as soon as i get any first
analysis result. In the meantime i still call this meteorite NWA XXX (HOW).
This partslice comes with its membrane box and displays a large edge portion
covered with fusion crust. It is also very representative of the full
meteorite with its variations of structure, which appear vey clearly on the
cut sections. Grab this one, don't miss it!!!
http://cgi.ebay.fr/METEORITE-NWA-XXX-2-8g-Partslice-HOWARDITE_W0QQitemZ330278043332QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330278043332&_trkparms=72%3A1367|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

- We then have a second unclassified OC, ORIENTED and 100% FUSION CRUSTED.
It is quite a small complete individual weighing about 14g but will find its
place and look nice in any collection. Come on! At the time i'm writing this
post, it is still at Starting Price!!!
http://cgi.ebay.fr/METEORITE-ORIENTED-NWA-OC-FUSION-CRUST-13-9g-indiv_W0QQitemZ330278043401QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330278043401&_trkparms=72%3A1367|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

- Let's come back to Vesta 4 now, with this 8.66g endcut of SAH 02501, which
is quite an unusual Eucrite... as it was found out during recent analyses
carried out by Jean Alix Barrat. Some partial information taken from his
abstract are within the announcement. And do not hesitate to bid as this one
is also STILL AT STARTING PRICE!
http://cgi.ebay.fr/METEORITE-SAH-02501-EUC-8-66g-endcut_W0QQitemZ330278043488QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330278043488&_trkparms=72%3A1367|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

- And to end this week's auctions, you can have 4 fragments of Tatahouine
for a total weight of 1.5g. So after a Howardite and a Eucrite, here you are
with a Diogenite. This is a special Vesta 4 Week! And this time also you can
make a good deal as we are still at starting price again...
http://cgi.ebay.fr/METEORITE-TATAHOUINE-DIO-1-5g-WITNESSED-FALL_W0QQitemZ330278043526QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330278043526&_trkparms=72%3A1367|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

Good luck to all of you and thanks for looking!
Kind regards,

Frederic Beroud
www.meteoriteshow.com
IMCA #2491