[meteorite-list] 5.6kg sculpted Sikhote individual, 847g Seymchan pallasite - AD

From: Meteorite-Recon.com <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 16:31:19 +0100

Ladies and gentlemen,

Due to recent upgrades I will part with two centerpieces from my personal collection. Its my pleasure to offer them here.

The first specimen is a meteoritic iron of superior quality and an awe inspiring display piece. For sale is a heavily sculpted Sikhote Alin individual of 5.6kg (5,690g). The iron has roughly the shape of an igloo with a oval base dented with large flat regmaglypts and a hemispherical body displaying much smaller but deeper regmaglypts. The specimen shows a plethora of melt features, is fully fusion crusted and covered with countless melt rims and delicate flow lines. This is a true museum specimen once purchased directly from the Fersman Mineralogical Museum at the Russian Acdemy of Sciences in Moscow. Comes with the original certificate signed by the curator of the Fersman Mineralogical Museum: 6950 $

The second specimen is a 847g pallasite fullslice of the Seymchan meteorite. This is not one of the popular credit card thin collector style slices, but a thick and heavy 8mm quality as you fill find it in museum collections. Durable and almost indistructable it will likely survive following generations of collectors in its pristine state. When I purchased this specimen I selected it among others because it demonstrated perfectly the transition from the iron phase to the pallasite phase. The specimen shows grouplets of olivine crystals enclosed like gemstones by an octahedral matrix.

Unlike the common market quality the olivines are not oxidized black but of a greenish yellow color, a delight to view in daylight and under the microscope. Large and beautiful display specimen: 2150 $

For list members I will ship these treasures via express courier, fully insured and registered o n m y o w n c o s t s . Delivery guaranteed withing three workdays. This is a 150$ service to the US, but I rather play safe on these irreplacable specimens. The bad news is, I won't be able to send any food coupons along.

And there is another specimen I'd like to part with, in order to make room for an individual of this location: for sale is a a 189g fullslice of Glorieta Mountain. This specimen was cut from the new main mass found by M. Miller. Polished and etched on one side. Outstanding reference specimen: 540 $

I am looking forward to send photos and answer your questions.

Kind regards

Svend Buhl

www.meteorite-recon.com

--