[meteorite-list] Pingualuit (One Last Post Before the Gustav Comes)

From: Paul <bristolia_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 06:03:46 -0700 (PDT)

Charles O'Dale wrote:

" http://www.flickr.com/photos/chuckexpeditions/2813874599/

I just returned from northern Quebec where I was exploring the
Pingualuit impact structure. This image gives you an appreciation
for the size of the crater!

Some URLs about Pingualuit Impact Crater.

St-Onge, G., H. Guyard, R. Pienitz, S. Hausmann, and others,
2007, Preliminary Chronostratigraphy of Pingualuit Impact
Crater Lake Sediments (Nunavik, Canada): a Possible Arctic
Terrestrial Record of Several Glacial/Interglacial Cycles.
Eos Trans. AGU. vol. 88, vol. 52. Fall Meet. Suppl.,
abstract no. U13B-1150
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2007AGUFM.U13B1150S
http://cgrg.geog.uvic.ca/abstracts/St-OngePreliminaryThe.html

New Images: Pingualuit Crater, Canada
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/images.php3?img_id=17919

Google Earth - Chubb Crater / New Quebec Crater /PINGALUIT CRATER
http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php/Number/903182

Laval University Paleolimnology and Paleoecology Laboratory.
Pingualuit Crater Lake Project.
http://www.cen.ulaval.ca/pingualuit/index.html
http://www.cen.ulaval.ca/paleo/Projets/Pingualuit/index.html

University of Arkansas. (2007, December 11) Arctic Impact
Crater Lake Reveals Interglacial Cycles in Sediments.
http://dailyheadlines.uark.edu/11974.htm

Arctic Impact Crater Lake Reveals Interglacial Cycles In Sediments
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071215212916.htm

Pingualuit National Park
http://www.fapaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/consultation/pingualuit/

Yours,