[meteorite-list] Here's one for ya... MeteoriteIdentification????

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 20:52:31 -0400

Didn't take long...text is gone...

-----Original Message-----
From: meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com
[mailto:meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com] On Behalf Of Darren
Garrison
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 7:34 PM
To: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Here's one for ya...
MeteoriteIdentification????

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 15:56:02 -0700, you wrote:

>I don't think I need to comment much on this. You just have to read it.
>
>http://www.beautifulmeteorites.com/Identifying+Meteorites+from+Common+R
>ocks.3127.htm

My favorite Mark Twain quote (and one of my favorite quotes from anyone--
and painfully accurate for anyone who loves reading or who has tried
writing):

"The difference between the right word and the almost-right word is the
difference between the lightning and the lightning-bug,"

http://www.salwen.com/mtquotes.html

Looks like those guys are honestly trying for the right word-- but always
just miss it. (Not to mention the twisted "facts").