[meteorite-list] Meteorites 'Cause Volcanic Eruptions'

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 07:02:28 -0700 (PDT)

Quote the following lines:

Volcanic eruptions occur when the gas, which arrived when the world was in a molten state and is trapped in the deep Earth, melts

Prof Ballentine and his team also identified a second signature, obtained via studying CO2 gas from the Colorado Plateau, which is identical to seawater.

Previous thinking had stated that water at these depths would be impossible due to it melting during the subduction process.

Hmmm. Gas melting, Co2 exactly the same as seawater and water melting during subduction. OK let's assume this is simply a case of appaling grammar, how can you take such poorly presented material seriously.
The second half of the report has flip all to do with the first half. You really have to be paying attention to spot the word "also" and realise it marks the boundary between two unrelated threads.
I suspect it's just another case of a reporter not knowing what the fuss he's talking about. LHC anyone?
Rob McC