[meteorite-list] the denver show

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 18:26:21 EDT

In a message dated 9/14/2008 6:19:27 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
meteoriteguy at yahoo.com writes:
Just returned from Denver, nothing new there, nothing new to buy, prices very
high! Ali Hmani had the new desert irons, but from $2.00 to $3.00 gram for
large pieces, no thanks.
Any more questions?
Michael Farmer

I am very sorry, Micheal, you couldn't find anything to pick your interest in
Denver.

As Doug explained (thank you Doug), there were things to be found. I had very
little time to search but I did find a few interesting pieces, like a Gibeon
slice you could play horse-shoe with, and a 80 grams crystal of Gibeon. And I
stocked up on cute little slices of Imilac, and got a beautiful large slice of
Seymchan from Blaine.
And did you go to Dima's room? He had boxes and boxes of Libyan Glass. The
first day I simply up-ended one box and searched, and picked out some very
pretty pieces, and the translucent 2 kilos mass sitting there.
The next day he pulled out the Green Monster from under the bed: 6.4 kilos,
mostly green with light streaks. Could it be the main mass of Libyan Glass?
;-)

Don't bother emailing Dima, he doesn't have it anymore.
See you all in Tucson, it is only four and a half months away.

Anne M. Black
http://www.impactika.com/
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
Vice-President, I.M.C.A. Inc.