[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - September 18, 2008

From: Dark Matter <freequarks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 06:38:37 -0600

Hi Mark,

That would be the Smithsonian Natural History Museum in Washington DC.

The display of iron meteorites at that NHM has a unique 3-D graph
showing the relationship between the various classes of iron
meteorites such as the IV A in the discussed picture. The
silvery-white dot on the pedestal shows the position of this meteorite
in the overall classification scheme.

Here is a pic showing the Gibeon insitu. The etched end section is in
on the far right center.
http://www.meteorite-times.com/Back_Links/2004/March/disp_irons_etched.jpg

If I can find a pic of the graph, I'll post it.

Cheers,

Martin