[meteorite-list] Ziz Meteorite Photographs - Link

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:13:51 -0700

Hello All,

In light of the new iron being found, and it's supposed similarity to
Ziz, I've taken the liberty of shooting some of the Ziz irons.
All of the photos are available in large sizes, with the best
resolution I could give.

They're available at the following link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30622578 at N08/sets/72157607335937821/

I'm not sure if one has to become a member of the website to view the
photos in full-resolution or not, but if it's offered, clicking on the
"all sizes" tab located at the upper left of the picture should allow
you a full-screen view of any photo I've posted.

In any case, I'm of the opinion that Ziz is distinct from the new
finds. I don't have a slice on-hand to compare, but from what I can
remember, there wasn't a single silicate inclusion present in any of
the slices from the 20+kg mass that was sectioned.
Although one could say that, as with Campo, there are silicate-rich
and silicate-poor areas within the iron, I would simply point out the
fact that even the slices of Campo rare in silicates typically show an
inclusion or two - and none of the individuals pictured has a single
silicate inclusion visible on its surface. So...well, have a look.

Regards,
Jason