[meteorite-list] Announcing "Meteorite Men" the TV Show

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:00:43 -0700

Dear Listees:

As a few of you already know Steve Arnold #1 and I have been working
on a major new TV project for over a year. It is a one-hour special
for the Science Channel: "Meteorite Men."

This is a significant step up from the previous TV work we've done. It
is a big budget production with plenty of action, adventure and, of
course, a little goofing around. I was recently in Burbank, CA to see
the final cut of the show and we are thrilled with the results. Steve
and I returned to the Brenham site for location filming, and also
filmed at a second location which will remain confidential for the
moment. In addition we shot a good segment at The Center for Meteorite
Studies at ASU, Tempe with the kind assistance of Dr. Meenakshi Wadhwa
and Dr. Laurence Garvie, both of whom appear in the special, as well
as the famous IBeAM. There is also plenty of cool, hi-tech animation
of the Asteroid Belt, a re-creation of a meteorite shower, etc.

Science put out the official press release yesterday morning and you
can read it here:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20090331science01

We have our own news and info page about the show here: http://www.aerolite.org/meteoritemen

And a MySpace site with additional photos here: http://www.myspace.com/meteoritemen

Any of you who are MySpace users, please send us a friend request;
we'd be delighted to connect with you.

The world premiere of "Meteorite Men" is Sunday, May 10 at 9 pm
Eastern, only on the Science Channel.

It's been a long project, but a very rewarding one. Our production
company has been fantastic to work with. They really went above and
beyond the make the best adventure documentary possible, and we hope
List members in the US and Canada will enjoy the show. We do not have
international air dates yet, but hopefully "Meteorite Men" will be
seen in other countries before too long. I will post further news when
we have it.

Thanks for reading and all the best from sunny Tucson,

Geoff and Steve

p.s. I know the timing is weird, but this is NOT an April Fool's
joke : )