[meteorite-list] Wire Fraud and Steve Arnold of Chicago...was nwa 1794

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:27:20 -0700 (PDT)

Someone please forward this to Steve as he has me filtered. I wouldn't want him to get blind-sided or miss out on all of the white knuckled anticipation and glee some of us will be having today as a result of his "April Fools Prank".

I am presently in the process of reporting criminal activity by Steve Arnold with both the US Attorney in Chicago via the Secret Service and the Illinois State Attorney general via the Office of Consumer Protection. An April Fools "Prank" that is REAL is the best prank of all! LMAO

What Steve failed to realize in his "prank": was that 1) while so typical for him, the ultimate in poor taste but better yet 2) his fake "going out of business sale" was a violation of Illinois consumer protection law and also US wire fraud statutes. By his own admission, Steve knowingly used premeditated, false incentives, to promote commercial sales across state lines via a wire. He also conducted a sale under the guise of "going out of business" and will will likely be forced to complete that sale within 30 days limit and/or cease business in that field as I understand the law.--plus penalties, fines, and costs-- he knows the routine.

People that bought from him in good faith, had a reasonable expectation that Steve was going "out of business" and that his inventory would no longer be available nor would he be competing with other dealers. These are published statements in public. There is also some evidence that Steve has been using unemployment payments to purchase inventory for an unlicensed and illegal enterprise which makes him ineligible for those payments and liable for repayment. You have no idea how much satisfaction I am getting from knowing that his own arrogant behavior has done himself in and that his payback will hit him in a most appropriate way.

Steve, as I write, I am waiting on a call back from the Illinois Attorney General's Office to file complaints on the fake GOB sale. Tomorrow, I, am meeting with a US Secret Service Agent (who handles wire fraud and not the FBI--go figure) to make the case for wire fraud. Don't worry you'll probably only get probation or diversion for a first offense--but wait this isn't a first offense is it?

Oh Dratt--since you used a computer in the fraud they can make you never ever use a the internet again..depending on the victim impact statements made--if it goes to trial and not bargained out. So we'll soon be assured that it is your VERY last post! Sounds like a win/win!!!

As to the REAL Steve Arnold of Chicago(Technically Elgin but what's a little exageration from sSteve-- I've long considered behaviors like this to be those of a slimy, lying, lowlife parasite who'll always be one--but that is my personal opinion and while that isn't illegal in itself, it has lead him once again into legal problems. (Remember a certain FAKE corporation?)

Steve's selling meteorites to buy a casket for his mother-in-law was pretty slimy especially when he went to visit her on vacation 6 months later(you know--one of the vacations he reported hourly to the list about?)...but this is even slimier. For a person that "loves the hobby and all the friends there (sic)" he sure does slime them with regularity.

Bad Boy Bad Boy... whatcha gonna do...Whacha gonna do when they come for you...Bad Boy Bad Boy... (he'll probably make the case for an insanity defense and walk free).

Elton

PS: Be ready for the Steve Arnold: Need to Raise Bail! Meteorite Sale--IF he has any to sell as they are evidence in his illegal activities and should be seized for 18 months till his state trial comes up.