[meteorite-list] NWA 1974 (..and false claim)

From: Michael Bross <element33_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 03:07:56 +0200

Hello Listers and Ryan

Sorry to come back to "Chicago Steve" thread...

Ryan, I can't more agree with your post !
I am new to the list, but it didn't take me long (without looking at
archives) to
be cautious with Chicago Steve (Steve # 1...? well...)

His fake AD wasn't just bad taste but simply under the belt, outrageous !

+ I was one of the idiots to waste time sending him an off-list email to try
to soothe his pains and sorrows !
even ready to buy a $50 meteorite for helping him... stupid naive me... glad
I didn't...

Result ? same blunt 3 words answer with a mistake in pricing reminding me
our off-list
email exchanges about some Sikhote Alin a month ago... Chicago Steve needing
3 emails
to figure out what photo referred to what grams and subsequently what
price... I gave up

No matter what happens to him on the list or otherwise, I will NEVER buy
from him

All the best
Michael B, France