[meteorite-list] NWA 1974 (..and false claim)

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 21:39:53 EDT

>>I guess he was not interested enough to sell to someone in France, selling
the Sikhote
Alins off list + on ebay at the same time... and waiting 5 min before they
ended on ebay to
answer how much it will cost for shipping to France.<<

He didn't sell them to me off list and ebay at the same time. Actually he
had no idea it was me that was bidding on ebay until it was over. It was later
in the month that he put the other SA's for sale off list. The photos weren't
all that great, but at the time I relied on his stuff of usually being very
good quality for my price range. That was one of my best judgement calls to
date. So you made your ebay bid without knowing what the shipment would be?
Personally I wouldn't have made a bid without knowing the shipping costs. Some
are outrageous and some very reasonable.

>>Enjoy your buys from Chicago Steve, but I don't regret his blunt emails to
and off list :)<<

Well...sorry to hear that you had a sour experience for whatever the cause.
But I do plan on enjoying my acquisitions however it was done.
GeoZay

**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make dinner for $10 or