[meteorite-list] Crater impostor unmasked as sheep-dip

From: Michael Bross <element33_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 02:33:40 +0200

Hi Paul and List

I remember seeing a great documentary some years ago on PBS, showing most of
the
science technology high-tech tools accredit the (hypo)thesis that an amazing
eruption of the
Krakatoa volcano in Indonesia was the start of the Roman Empire demise.
(sometime in the 400 AD years)
A meteorite impact theory was researched and disregarded.

Relating to writings held in the Vatican, polar ice cores, Carbon14 dating,
tree rings, geological testing
under Krakatoa's nearby waters etc...
... 30 years of ashes in the atmosphere, the sun being dimmed and
consequently low harvests, starvation etc... etc...

Did some search on PBS website:
The documentary is : Secrets of the dead- Catastrophe
(http://www.shoppbs.org/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=catastrophe&origkw=catastrophe&f=PAD%2FFormat%2FDVD&sr=1)

The weblink is:
(http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/previous_seasons/html/e1-menu.html)

Well, I am interested to know more about all this :)
Good evening

Michael B, France