[meteorite-list] Suffolk man says he saw meteor hit

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 12:52:50 -0700

I agree Darryl, but only if you assume that he saw the fireball hit the
water. Which the report does not say.

In fact the report states "...he didn't hear the boom, only a whistling
roar as the object flew past..." which tells me the object was NOT
traveling at super sonic speeds or high enough speed to be incandescent.

It does NOT say a fireball hit the water.

Eric