[meteorite-list] ] [AD?] Apology To Geoff Notkin & Steve Arnold - The True Gentleman

From: Paul Harris <paul_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 23:45:37 -0700

Mr Geoffrey Notkin is a true gentleman.

THE TRUE GENTLEMAN
by John Walter Wayland:

"The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and
an acute sense
of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies; who
does not make the poor
man conscious of his poverty, the obscure man of his obscurity, or any
man of his inferiority or
deformity; who is himself humbled if necessity compels him to humble
another; who does not
flatter wealth, cringe before power, or boast of his own possessions or
achievements; who speaks
with frankness but always with sincerity and sympathy; whose deed
follows his word; who
thinks of the rights and feelings of others, rather than his own; and
who appears well in any
company, a man with whom honor is sacred and virtue safe."