[meteorite-list] Wanted : Micros of the following meteorites

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 21:37:32 EDT

Hello,

I truly hate to disagree with you, Sterling. But it happens so rarely.

I find 9 meteorites listed for Illinois.

First: South-Dixon is now listed as a Pseudo-meteorite.
Then, I do agree with the next 4 you have listed: Bendl, Bloomington,
Havana and Marengo.

I also find 3 older ones: Tilden, Toulon, Woodbine. All very rare. Has
anyone ever seen a crumb of Toulon????

And then, there are 2 more recent ones:Saint Augustine (Iron IID, found in
1974 in Knox county, 2 masses, 22.2kilos) and of course Park Forest, the
only Illinois meteorite you can obtain quite easily.

Information from M. Grady "Catalogue of Meteorites", Fifth Edition, and
"Meteorites from a to Z" Third Edition.

Anne M. Black
_http://www.impactika.com/_ (http://www.impactika.com/)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
Vice-President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
_http://www.imca.cc/_ (http://www.imca.cc/)

In a message dated 4/14/2009 7:10:46 PM Mountain Daylight Time,