[meteorite-list] new Utah fall?

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 01:41:16 -0500

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:27:10 -0700, you wrote:

>First of all, the account of the fall sounds a bit dubious in spots.

This auction is a bit dubious in the same way that the Tasmanian Devil is a bit
peckish.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310135588386

I'm not only offering this meteorite I saw with a friend, travel up to fourteen
miles before it hit the ground in front of our vision off to the right of the
road in front of my vehicle at night. But as well I will lead a professional
collector to another area in which I had seen one fall and hit behind one of my
favorite fishing holes at daylight.

If winner helps me find it, I will allow them to keep it and do whatever they
want with the new find and along with the one I'm offering here.

The one that fell behind my fun fishing area was glowing a bright green with a
white tail in where the light green object appeared to be a glow at the size of
a basket ball.

Winner will also need to travel up to my area and then another twenty-five miles
out and then back.

I've looked for serious collectors around my hometown and had not found one
interested.

It's your call meteor collectors!! And winner will be in for some other shocking
surprise after we meet and if they are able to find this one.

Every metal detector that someone loaned to me had failed and appeared to not
work as well as I wished.

The one meteor I did retrieve is under 9mm in length and its glow was a bright
white color with an apparent size for glow being close to the size of a golf
ball. We had nearly traveled six miles before it crossed in front of our path
and hit the ground to the right side of the paved road about fifteen feet away.
"If I had been going any faster than 60 mph I would of been hit in the head. So
now you know what its projectory was at as it traveled. We had first spotted it
approximately fourteen miles away, traveled a little while, and it had seemed it
was taking its time until the surprising moment."

I will be able to also show winner a head of time where the meteor hit nearest
to my fishing hole by satellite and then I will lead them out to the area and
help them navigate the search.

Winner needs to be a reliable professional and detectors have to be able to
detect the meteor through perhaps some mineralized ground up to two feet deep or
more.

I have used detectors most of all my life and within this area there is no
acceptions. The detectors lent to me were more powerful but appeared to be well
used and had problems.

Sincerely' the Fulgurite Man of Utah

Added on April 15th: "I just recently found out where another one came in and
fell due to two other fellows that don't even know each other yet. They both saw
it fly pass them at the exact timing. And I retrieved their stories at two
different dates. So I know where it hit. The second fellow was just listening to
my story about my story here last night, and he opened up about the same one the
other friend told me about happening in the same location. So I know its fact!
Though this area it fell into, isn't "no-dreamboat" by satellite.