[meteorite-list] Ash Creek name

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:58:12 -0700 (PDT)

I really don't like that name, Ash creek is over 20 miles long, and the meteorite fell in one tiny little section of that creek. The creek runs North to South, the meteorite fell East to West. If you google Ash Creek Texas, you get hundreds of hits. It fell in both Hill and Mclennan counties. West, while perhaps confusing to people not in the know, is really not that hard, and the meteorite dropped multiple pieces in the town. There is no town where Ash creek is.
Either way, fast work on getting this great American fall approved.

I am just now home from the my African/Middle East adventure and after three hard weeks of work, I need a break. I have hundreds of emails to deal with, many of which are now lost, so if you asked me for anything or need anything, let me know.
Michael Farmer