[meteorite-list] TAMEDAGHT PHENOMENA MUSEUM METEORITE?

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 14:15:45 -0600

Not only that, but the bulk of the impacting meteorite would still be cold.
A few millimeters of incandescent surface wouldn't do this. The only way to
get significant heat at the point of impact is from the kinetic energy of
the collision itself. And that much energy shouldn't leave much of the
original material larger than dust. The whole thing is fishy.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com