[meteorite-list] Best institutional tektite collections?

From: nlehrman at nvbell.net <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 21:34:54 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings to all,

As we speak, a final inspection is underway leading to the sale of the Futrell tektite collection to a new impact museum in Canada.? As soon as the deal is final, I'll circulate details.? This will surely be one of the top exhibits ever.? While probably not exceptional in any single category, the collection has excellent breadth as well as some famous individual specimens. There is a summary inventory on our website (TektiteSource.com)on the Futrell collection page.

It'll be great to finally have this collection out where we can see it all arrayed before us!

All the best from Tanzania,
Norm