[meteorite-list] GPS

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:07:54 -0700

Mike,

The Garmin eTrex H, and eTrex Legend are both very good GPS units and
are popular among meteorite hunters. Prices range from around $79 to
$249 for this type. The car mounted GPSs are good and have the extra
features and large map displays but are awkward in the field and the
Legend series GPS should do the job as they have the capability to
display maps in both monochrome and color displays. You can also
download other map data to the Legend. Portability is a big plus.

Garmin eTrex Legend: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=173
Legend Cx: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=327#etrexLegendcx
Legend Hcx: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=327#etrexLegendcx

If you want to mount the unit in your car, there's third party dealers
that sell mounting brackets for just about any Garmin model GPS.

Magellan also makes good GPS units but I'm not as familiar with them.
Maybe someone else on the list could speak out on the Magellan hand held
units.

Hope this helps...

--
Regards,