[meteorite-list] GPS

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 14:01:49 -0500

Hi Folks!

When I said "city driving", I should have been more specific. I don't
need turn by turn routing and voice prompts. I just need something to
help me find my way back to the nearest highway if I get lost down a
dirt road or a BLM area. And I won't be doing any polling or linking
up to other GPS units in the field - just something stand alone for
general purpose hiking/boondocking and also to document any meteorite
finds in-situ. I prefer a unit with a compass and altimeter built in.

Does that change any recommendations?

Also, I won't need more than 10 hours or so battery life between
charges. Maybe 12 tops.

Regards,

MikeG

--