[meteorite-list] AD: Apollo 11 Tektites from Aldrin Family

From: Mike Bandli <fuzzfoot_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:11:21 -0700

I hate to put these up for sale, but I have a set of 6 Tektites that were
used during the Apollo 11 EVA training by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin.
They are accompanied by photographic provenance signed by the Aldrin Family
(Mrs. Aldrin). The Aldrin family commissioned an auction house to sell them
along with other items many years ago. Only a few of these lots were ever
released. This is a wonderful part of space program history. Tektites were a
component of the materials used during Apollo 11 EVA training because it was
hypothesized (at the time) that the lunar surface was littered with them.

More info and photos upon request - please contact me off-list. I will not
split them up. These would look fantastic in a custom display or if the
buyer wants to split them up...

One other note: some of you have noticed that Astro-artifacts.com is gone.
Since I no longer collect or deal with artifacts, it didn't make much sense
keeping the domains, so they were sold to another space artifact collector.
I also wasn't happy with the design, so I am currently working on a new site
and domain and hope to have it up by the end of the year.

I'll be offering up some nice material next week including an 'exclusive'
historic fall from North Carolina. Lots of goodies on the way...

Best,

Mike Bandli